Review Policy

Monday, September 21, 2015

Review: Bereft by Jennifer Foor

Displaying berefttourbanner.jpg
Displaying Bereft_ecover.jpg
Bereft
Release Day: SEPTEMBER 21
Synopsis
We'd been married seven years, and for the most part, I thought we were happy. Little did I know my other half wasn't. He'd been screwing around on me for the past six months. Now, on the verge of divorce, I've found myself in a conundrum.
He's half my age, with a body that won't quit. I keep telling myself it's payback, but who am I kidding? Instead of getting even, I've now made things irreparable. I have a choice to make, and it's going to be a lot harder than I imagined.

Give in to Temptation
Fulfill your deepest Desires

My Thoughts:
I really enjoyed this book, even though I'm never too fond of reading books with cheating. Rachel thought that she and Grayson had the perfect marriage until she came home early after learning that her company was closing, only to find her husband screwing their daughters friend and the girl that went on family vacations with them, Kyla. After kicking him out Rachel completely loses it and drinks herself silly, Until there is a knock at the door, her boss's grandson and heir to the company Chad, who she can't stand. Offering Rachel an opportunity to work with the new company he's starting Needless to say, Rachel starts a steamy affair with Chad. Both realize that this could never work between them, they try and call it off, only to find out that it's not that simple. Rachel and Chad develop a strong friendship and start developing feelings for each other, while Rachel is still married.  Honestly, I think Rachel chose wrong at the end of the book. Cheating just isnt cool, ever, Besides that, it was a really good read.


 Displaying PhotoGrid_1442342249433.jpg
AUTHOR INFO:

Jennifer Foor is an award winning Contemporary Romance Author.
She is married with She's best known for the Mitchell Family Series, which includes ten books.two children and spends most of her time behind a keyboard, writing stories that come from her heart. 


 Displaying PhotoGrid_1442342199780.jpgDisplaying bereftteaser2.jpg
EXCERPT:
My wife didn’t want to see me, and who could blame her? I’d fucked up. I’d let a little ass ruin my marriage, and that’s exactly what it was coming to. Rachel was a strong-willed woman. She was set in her ways and liked being in control of the situation. I admired her strength, and the way she was able to manage multiple problems at once. This though, this broke her. I saw it in her desperate eyes. She was broken – lost – destroyed, all because I couldn’t keep my dick in my pants. I saw an opportunity to feel young again and I dove right in, knowing the consequences would bite me in the ass at some point. I made the decision out of greed. I wanted to feel empowered; like I was able to get someone young and attractive. For a little while I felt like the king of the world. I thought I’d get away with it. The more it happened, the harder it was to imagine getting caught.

No comments:

Post a Comment