Review Policy

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Book review: An inconvenient dare by Bethany Lopez plus Author INTERVIEW!

An inconvenient dare by Bethany Lopez
Release Date: June 21, 2015
Publisher: Kindle worlds
Buy or borrow: buy
Buy here: Amazon


Synopsis:  Vanessa has been so busy working her way up the corporate ladder that she's forgotten all about sex over the past two years. When her best friend dares her to pick up a sexy stranger with panty-dropping dimples, she takes the dare and approaches Enrique. Sensing Vanessa's uncertainty, Enrique gives her full control in the bedroom…until he doesn't. 

What started as an inconvenient dare turns into more than Vanessa ever expected, but when she learns the secret Enrique's been keeping, will she be able to forgive him, or will she forgo her chance at happiness?


My Thoughts:  I loved this book. It fit perfectly into Carly Phillips "Dare" series. 
The chemistry between Vanessa and Enrique was hot!  Vanessa accepts a bet from her friend to pick up a guy and have a one night stand. Only it turns into more than one night. Turns out Enrique works at the same firm Vanessa does. Enrique is in disguise as an intern when he's really a PI hired to find out who has been embezzling money from the company. Even though Enrique doesn't exactly tell Vanessa the truth, she still feels betrayed by his lie. 


Recommendations:  I choose you by Bethany Lopez 

*An interview with Bethany Lopez*

If you were making up a cast for an inconvenient dare who do you see your main characters looking like?

 You can check it out on my Pinterest Board -https://www.pinterest.com/bethanylopez2/an-inconvenient-dare/. I love making boards about my books!

Why do you think Vanessa had to have control at the beginning? 

Vanessa is used to being in control. At work and in her personal life, but she's never taken control in the bedroom. When they met, Enrique could tell that she was nervous about taking a man home for a one night stand, so he gave the control to her to make her more comfortable. Then they both realized that they liked it.

What was your inspiration for this book?

 When I was asked to write a novella for Carly Phillip's Dare to Love Kindle World, I was excited, but had no idea where to begin. I'd never written Fan Fiction, and wasn't sure how to go about it. I started by reading Carly's books and taking notes, then I read some of the other Kindle World books and took notes on those. I had to figure out where I wanted my characters to fit in this world, so that's where I started. I started out wanting them to plan on a one-night stand, and then realize that not only did they work for the same company, but that she was going to be the one in a higher position. That led me to wanting to write a sexy story where the woman was in control, rather than the man... The story flowed organically after that. It was a ton of fun to write!

I would also like to thank you for taking time to answer my questions and I really enjoyed  the book and I'll be reading more of your books as well.
You're welcome! I'm thrilled that you enjoyed it!

About Bethany:
Bethany LopezAward-Winning Author Bethany Lopez began self-publishing in June 2011. She's a lover of all things romance: books, movies, music, and life, and she incorporates that into the books she writes. When she isn't reading or writing, she loves spending time with her husband and children, traveling whenever possible. Some of her favorite things are: Kristen Ashley Books, coffee in the morning, and In N Out burgers.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for not only taking the time to read and review, An Inconvenient Dare, but for interviewing me as well. I had a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're quite welcome! It was a good book!

    ReplyDelete