Review Policy

Saturday, January 30, 2016

The fill-in boyfriend by Kasie West

The fill-in Boyfriend by Kasie West
Release date: May 5, 2015
Publisher: HarperTeen
My rating: 4
Buy here: Amazon

Synopsis:
When Gia Montgomery's boyfriend, Bradley, dumps her in the parking lot of her high school prom, she decides to do the unthinkable…convince the cute guy waiting to pick up his sister to pretend to be her boyfriend for the night. The task is simple: two hours, zero commitment, a few white lies.
The problem is that days after prom, she can't stop thinking about her fill-in boyfriend. But can Gia turn her fake boyfriend into a real one without exposing her lie and possibly destroying her friendships and her newfound relationship?
Smartly observed and wonderfully romantic, Kasie West's talent shines in this tale of one girl's unexpected quest to find love…and possibly herself.

My Thoughts:
I've been a fan of Kasie West since her first book released. When I read "on the fence", I thought no other book she released could top that one, till now. I don't even have the right words to describe how much I enjoyed this book. I'm all about high school romance\angst books. This book had everything I like in a book (not in real life); mean girls, drama, different cliques, and romance. 

Gia has been bragging to her friends forever about her boyfriend that attends UCLA, but her friends have never met yet. When Bradley dumps her in the parking lot of her prom, Gia comes up with the brilliant plan of finding someone to be Bradley. A fake Bradley. After she convinces FB to attend the prom with her,she decides that she actually likes this FB. All the drama aside, this book had a nice little lesson it, Social media will be the down fall of our generation and sometimes you're not as good as a person as you think you are. Gia learns this lesson the hard and it made her a better person. Yes, this book is a little over the top, but I still really enjoyed it. I can't wait till the next book by Ms. West,\.


No comments:

Post a Comment