Review Policy

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Mini review: This is where it ends by Marieke Nijkamp

This is where it ends by Marieke Nijkamp
Release date: January 5, 2016
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Buy here: Amazon
My rating: 3.5

Synopsis:
10:00 a.m.
The principal of Opportunity, Alabama's high school finishes her speech, welcoming the entire student body to a new semester and encouraging them to excel and achieve.
10:02 a.m.
The students get up to leave the auditorium for their next class.
10:03
The auditorium doors won't open.
10:05
Someone starts shooting.
Told from four perspectives over the span of 54 harrowing minutes, terror reigns as one student's calculated revenge turns into the ultimate game of survival.

My Thoughts:
I usually don't like books that have multiple points of views in them, but this one sort of worked for me. We follow 4 different students in different places at the school while there's a shooter. For some reason this book reminded me of Nineteen minutes by Jodi Picoult. When reading about school shootings in book it always stops me and makes me thing about things. It was brutal reading about people being shot for no reason. This is one of those books where you really just have to read it. I really can't find the right words to say, just read it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment