Review Policy

Friday, August 12, 2016

Review: Burn down the night by M. O'Keefe

Burn Down the Night by [O'Keefe, M.]
Burn down the night by M. O'Keefe
Release date: August 9, 2016
Publisher: Loveswept
Buy here: Amazon
My Rating: 4

Synopsis:
The only thing that matters to me is rescuing my sister from the drug-cooking cult that once enslaved us both. I’ve run cons my whole life, and I’ll use my body to get whatever I need. Max Daniels is the last connection I have to that world, the one person reckless enough to get involved. Besides, now that his brothers have turned on him, he needs me too.
 
The deal was supposed to be simple: a place to hide in exchange for rescuing my sister. Now he’s my prisoner. Totally at my mercy. But I’m the one captivated. Enthralled. Doing everything he asks of me until I’m not sure who’s in control.
 
We both crave the heat. The more it hurts, the better. But what if Max wants a different life now, to leave the game . . . to love me? I thought I knew better than to get burned. Now I’m in too deep to pull away. And the crazy thing is . . . I don’t want to.
 


My Thoughts:
I loved this book. I thought that the first two books were amazing and that no other book could beat them. Well, this book did. I absolutely loved Joan and Max. 
Max was like the Jax Teller of SOA. It's no secret how I feel about SOA (Best show ever).
Max and Joan wind up together when Joan decided to blow up a strip joint to find her sister. That's where Max steps in and pulls Joan away before she can blow everyone up. Max ends up getting beat up by his club members and Joan takes him with her to Florida. These two started off as a love\hate relationship, but we all know there's a fine line between love and hate. 
What I really loved the most was seeing these two characters vulnerable sides. Joan, a tough, independent woman and Max, a tough biker. I'm always a sucker for the softer sides of characters. This book was probably one of the best ones I've read all summer.

Happy Friday!
Shanna

No comments:

Post a Comment