Review Policy

Monday, April 4, 2016

Review: Hunter by Blaire Drake

Hunter by Blaire Drake
Release date: March 28, 2016
My rating: 4
Buy here: Amazon

Synopsis:
Born into blood, I was a mafia princess. Raised in hiding, I was a Californian sweetheart. 

The day my father sold my thirteen year old body to pay off a five year old debt was the day my mother stole me in the dead of night. She protected me as she was supposed to. 

My father may have been the king, but my mother was the queen. 

The mafia blood was hers. 

That was ten years ago. Now… the devil was on the loose. 

Carlo ‘Hunter’ Rosso was my father’s right hand man and the boy I’d loved since I could tie my own shoelaces. He was always the most ruthless and the most deadly of all the children. 

He’d thought I was dead until the day his assignment was given: Kill Adriana and Alexandria Romano. Kill the princess, and definitely kill the queen. 

What he didn’t know was that the queen was dead, and the princess had taken her throne. 

Blood didn’t lie. It smeared, distorted, stained. But it didn’t lie. 

My father was going to learn the hard way that the empire he’d stolen belonged to me. 

And so did Carlo ‘Hunter’ Rosso. 


(HUNTER is a standalone erotic romance with elements of suspense. There will be strong adult themes throughout.) 

My Thoughts:
I love a really good mafia book and this was a really good book. Adriana and her mother fled from her Father right before she was to be sold off to pay off her father's debt. Moving to California to start a new life, Adriana always knew there was a chance she and her Mother would be found. After her father finds out she's still alive, he sends his best assassin to finish off the job. The only problem is that Carlo "Hunter" Rosso, can't bring himself to kill Adriana. They were basically inseparable as children and he loved\loves her. 
After Adriana is found, she decides she wants to take back what is rightfully hers; The Romano empire. Her father married into the family, so technically everything belongs to her. With a little help from her friends, The principessa sets off to claim her throne. This book had drama, fight scenes, sexy times and lots of angst between Adriana and Hunter. I really hope that this becomes a series because there's a few characters that I would love to see have their own story. 


No comments:

Post a Comment