Review Policy

Thursday, April 7, 2016

Mini review: Dreaming of Antigone by Robin Bridges

Dreaming of Antigone by Robin Bridges
Release date: March 29, 2016
Publisher: Kensington
My rating: 4
Buy here: Amazon



Synopsis:
"I can't ever be the blazing star that Iris was. I'm still just a cold, dark satellite orbiting a star that went super nova." 

Andria's twin sister, Iris, had adoring friends, a cool boyfriend, a wicked car, and a shelf full of soccer trophies. She had everything, in fact--including a drug problem. Six months after Iris's death, Andria is trying to keep her grades, her friends, and her family from falling apart. But stargazing and books aren't enough to ward off her guilt that she--the freak with the scary illness and all-black wardrobe--is still here when Iris isn't. And then there's Alex Hammond. The boy Andria blames for Iris's death. The boy she's unwittingly started swapping lines of poetry and secrets with, even as she tries to keep hating him. 

Heartwrenching, smart, and bold, Dreaming of Antigone is a story about the jagged pieces that lie beneath the surface of the most seemingly perfect life…and how they can fit together to make something wholly unexpected.

My Thoughts:
The first thing that stood out to me is that my husbands EXACT name is the main characters name. Alex Hammond. What a coincidence. Haha. 

I love teen romance books, but what's better than a teen romance book? A book that has depth. This book was like an onion. every chapter we were revealing something else. The only thing I didn't really like was the ending. it felt rushed and left me with a lot of questions. I know not every book has to be finished with a pretty purple ribbon, but I just wanted to know more about what happened with the characters. 

This book dealt with a lot of heavy subjects; drugs, child molestation, and secrets. Everything isn't always as it seems and Andria had to find that out the hard way. After losing her sister six months ago and dealing with her medical condition, I couldn't help but to feel so bad for Andria. What I adored about Andria was that she had some much depth to her, she was such a complete rounded-out character. I also really enjoyed reading about her and Alex, it was almost like these two were made from the same star. Sometime's your perception of someone is dead wrong. That's the case with these star-crossed characters. Love this book and I'm sure I'll read it again before the year is over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment